Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love the one you're with

Should I feel guilty that I always pretend to be on the phone when I pass the college students who are raring to ask me if I support gay rights/want to protect reproductive freedom/believe in preserving California's coasts? I do wholeheartedly on all counts but I kinda just want to walk down the block right now mmmkay.

Today I watched a homeless man try to sort the remnants of his meal between the garbage/recycle/compost bins. He was a lot better at it than most of the other yuppies trying to figure out what to do with the compostable (and yet still recyclable) salad containers.

On my way home on the BART yesterday, I turned around in my seat and accidentally locked eyes with a woman who was wearing a snake wrapped around her neck. I promptly walked (read: ran) into the next car. Snakes and I are not friends. This goes way back to the fourth grade when Alexander Jones expressed his love for me by putting his pet snake's shedded skin in my desk. I don't believe I've ever screamed louder. Amazing to think that same snake could possibly still be alive.

The other day I passed a man sitting on a bench in the middle of a city block with a baby goat by his side. Sometimes this wacky, beautiful city is pure awesome.







6 comments:

  1. haha! As per description, SF now look like my city..You haven't seen a chicken in the middle of the road, have you?lols

    Smiles from,

    Andy at wordsandpen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, not yet, but I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great pics! Love the one of the ocean, beautiful. In some weird twisted way your post makes me miss living in a city... like your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elana -
    Thanks for following me! I just wanted to let you know that I followed you back. Love your humor! :) And your little boy is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that city! It's always been a favorite. Snake skin on your desk? Ew. Some boys still have horrid taste in gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, ladies! SF certainly keeps me entertained, it's the littlest big city.

    ReplyDelete