Friday, July 15, 2011

He'll have the meatballs

It is 8:30 am and my baby is still asleep. I'm not sure what I did to deserve this, but I hope I can keep it up (ed: he woke up exactly as I typed this sentence)! The poor boy was straight up exhausted last night after playing with his babysitter in the park for two hours and missing his afternoon nap. Probably not the best night to take him out to dinner with us to this place. When we first walked in the waitress looked at me a little strangely and said, "I don't recognize you." I replied that I didn't recognize her either so we were all set. I guess they really keep up with their customers. The babe managed to make it mostly through the meal but then just fell apart right as we were deciding about dessert, letting out these crazy shrieks. The restaurant is like 10 feet by 5 feet so Mr. Monk quickly became the main attraction. Check please!

That was actually Mr. Monk's third restaurant outing this week. He also enjoyed the fare here and here. He's so in the SF scene. We used to take him out to eat with us constantly and he'd sleep right through the noise at any hour. Oh how I miss the infant carseat! Now, he's definitely up front and center with us. I spend at least half the meal trying to get him to eat any of the multiple baby food options I've brought, only to end up giving him a good part of my meal. I'm ordering for two again :-) We've also started eating in the sixes to be home by 8. Lame. But...happy hour!



I figure we've only got a little time left before the high chair loses its attraction and he wants to run through the restos. I'm starting to see the appeal of a dedicated date night. It's so hard to justify getting a sitter just to eat out-we've so far reserved sitters only for parties or special occasions. That meal suddenly becomes very expensive! What if you aren't even that into the dinner and you've just spent close to $200 all in? Maybe that's not such a high price to pay for being able to actually eat your meal, look your date in the eye and not end up wearing half your plate.

5 comments:

  1. cute babe, cute pup, and cute blog ... so glad i stumbled upon it ... i'm your newest follower ... i so look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute blog!! i think date night is good!! it's good to have that special time!!

    xoxox
    jenna duty

    www.thedutyfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks, ladies! Hope you're both enjoying the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so crazy that your little guy was born on october 18th! I went into the hospital on the 18th but she wasn't born until the 20th! it was a long sucky labor! but awesome when she finally got here!! :) hope you're having a great weekend too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. COULD HE BE ANY CUTER? No, I don't think that is possible! :p

    ReplyDelete