Friday, June 10, 2011

A Reprieve

So tomorrow we have a wedding to go to up in Marin. It should be sunny, warm and FUN. I know it will be fun because it'll be the single longest stretch I've ever been apart from Mr. Monk. A whole 10 hours! I can't even imagine what I'll do with the freedom. Somehow I think cocktails and dancing in large quantities will enter the picture.

I'm trying to figure out how to camouflage the fact that I have to bring my pump to this wedding. I've pumped on a plane, in a car, in a public restroom, but I think this might just top that. I have no idea where I'm going to pump since this is an outdoor wedding. Maybe they'll have the extra fancy porta potties for this sorta thing. Should I even bother bringing a cute clutch to match my strappy sandals when I have to lug my big black breast bag? It should set off my coral dress nicely. Speaking of the dress, I wonder if it's a bad idea to wear silk when I know I have to be dealing with potentially precarious milking sitch. Living on the edge, my friends.

Being out most of tomorrow should be good preparation for next week's bachelorette party when I will be away overnight (maybe even for two nights)! As excited as I am, I know I'll miss the way he grunts like he's carrying on a conversation, the way he twirls his hands like he's conducting a symphony and the way he smiles at me like I'm the most important person ever, which I am to him...for now. But, luckily for me, I get to spend the rest of my life enjoying this boy so a few days off will be good for both of us. My husband, shockingly, is less excited for my upcoming break. He doesn't seem totally scared, yet. What man doesn't want a weekend alone with an eight month old for Father's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment