Monday, June 13, 2011

Do Re Mi

You know what's fun? Waking up thinking that you have pink eye. You know what's even more fun? Breaking the coffee pot before you have a chance to make yourself some coffee and deal with your infected little eye. I know all about fun things today.

As it turns out (one trip to the eye doctor and $140 later), I do not have the pink eye. Hooray! I have a minor infection that is not contagious but is irritating, on many levels. The dr. flipped my eyelids inside out, which was a most peculiar feeling. It reminded me of the boys in my class who used to do that on a dare to freak the girls out. After she said that I shouldn't wear my contacts for two days, I told her how ugly I feel in my glasses. As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I looked up and realized that she was wearing glasses. Open mouth, insert foot.

Perhaps the infection is payback for staying out on Saturday night and getting home later than we promised the babysitter. The wedding was lovely--good friends, good music and good cupcakes. It was held on a ranch in far out Marin. As promised, I dragged along my handy dandy pump and did my business in a friend's car during the dinner course. There was a deer right outside the car, staring at me as I pumped. I wonder which one of us would have been a more startling sight to passers by.

The eye doctor also told me that I should go and buy some new makeup. Apparently, you really are supposed to replace mascara and eyeliners every three months. Sephora, here I come!



Thanks for not giving me pink eye, mom.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love those insert foot in mouth moments? And I can't believe how big j is! Love that blonde hair. We need to plan dinner soon.

    ReplyDelete