Thursday, June 2, 2011

Back to life, back to reality




Oh, how I miss seeing this every morning when I wake up!

Back to the here and now. Mr. Monk is thisclosetocrawling. He moves himself all over by sheer determination. While spinning around to find the next item to drown in his mouth, he definitely uses his arms and his legs, though never both at the same time. It might be the most awkwardly adorable thing I've ever seen. Almost as cute as him rubbing his feet on the ground obsessively to shake off his socks. Why all the sock hate?

We spent a good deal of our last few days in Maui trying to relieve the babe's constipation. The poor boy would grunt, turn bright red and cry from the effort and get no satisfaction in return. After giving him all the natural stimulants I could mash, prunes, pears, papayas (the P fruits--so easy to remember!), I shouldn't have been surprised when he finally managed to relieve his bowels on the plane home. Four times! Yay! Even the flight attendants noted they had never seen a baby poop so much. Why, thank you! My boy's got skillz.

Moving on to an even more pleasant topic--I am scared of my period, y'all. Based on the state of crazy going on in my tum and my mind lately, I believe she's coming back with a vengeance. It's been so long since I've seen her that I've almost forgotten what a bitch she can be. For a while I thought I wanted to hang with her again, so I would at least know I wasn't preggo (I am singlehandedly keeping EPT afloat with all my unnecessary test purchases). Now I realize how good I had it when she was away. Perhaps she won't be so mean to me once she hears about my 24 hours of labor. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? You trade one pain for another? Ah, the joys of womanhood!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved all these posts, especially the last paragraph here! So glad you had a great vacation, and can't wait to keep reading. You always make me laugh out loud!

    xo

    ReplyDelete