Monday, November 7, 2011

Frittatas for everyone!

So this weekend I hosted some friends over for brunch and decided about 15 minutes before they arrived to make a frittata. Every time I even attempt an omelet it devolves into a scramble, so I decided to be a little creative. Good thing it only took about 18 minutes to prep and execute (speaking of prepping and executing, Top Chef started again last week. Holla!). How have I never discovered the beauty, the joy, the sheer laziness of frittatas before? Say it again with me, frit-ta-ta. Doesn't it just sound fun?

I kid you not, these are all the steps I followed to make it:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Heat olive oil in cast iron pan
  • Saute chopped clove of garlic in olive oiled pan for a minute or two
  • Add spinach, halved cherry tomatoes (or whatever other vegetables you need to eat before they rot) to garlic and saute until tender
  • Add in eggs (I used 6 for 3-4 people) whipped with a shot of milk, salt and pepper
  • Spread a fairly sizable amount of crumbled feta cheese and chopped basil on top
  • Cook for about 3-5 minutes until sides of frittata set
  • Bake pan in oven for 10-14 minutes until it looks fluffy and pretty
  • Let frittata set and cool
  • *Do not touch pan handle as it will be exceptionally hot after baking in the oven, even though pan handles are normally not hot when used on the stove. This is a confusing point, I know. I learned the hard way.*
  • Slide off onto a fancy platter for serving (the pan should be well coated from the olive oil)
  • Smile graciously as all your guests swoon over the frittata
I was too busy caring for my seared flesh to get a picture of my final product, but here are a few from across the webs.




1 comment: