Thursday, January 5, 2012

Flipping out


So yesterday, after being home for one day and cleaning the floor about 46 times, I decided to finally (finally!) buy a floor mat. You win, Mr. Monk, you win. I guess you are right, the food does belong on the floor and not in the mouth. His new favorite trick is to wipe every single bit of food off his tray when he decides he's had enough. Usually that's after two bites and I stupidly clean up the mess and put more on his tray. And, the fun begins anew. Can you guess who cries first? At least the mat is pretty cute and not truck-patterned. We are on truck overload up in here.

This morning I accomplished something I would have thought impossible. I almost didn't even try because I felt it so foolish a task. But, try I did and now the boy has eaten kale! Kale! That's like a guarantee that he's going to be in the Olympics. I chopped it rather finely and threw it in with some eggs and my child ate it all and asked for more (muh, muh). Pretty sneaky, eh? Just call me Jessica Seinfeld. Then again, this is the same kid who loves our "special" juice and hates anything with sugar. I'm not even sure he's mine.

The wonders continued at spin class where I didn't pass out (though it got a little iffy at one point) and I totally fished my wish for some Michael Jackson. After a slammin' soundtrack featuring Madonna, JT, Rihanna, Cindy Lauper, Jay Z, I started jonesing for some Thriller action. And...boom, Beat It was the last song. So, what should I use my powers for now?

Speaking of special powers, I cannot stop reading "The Hunger Games" trilogy. I plowed through the first two books and am now rounding 50% on the third. I feel like I'm 15 again when I couldn't put my Kurt Vonnegut books down. Maybe I am a secret sci-fi nerd after all. Have you read them?

2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough by bro-in-law got me hooked on the trilogy. He loaned me all three and I couldn't put them down. However, as good as they were, I liked Battle Royale even better. I think the author of the Hunger Games based her trilogy off of this book. I recommend it anyway.

    And P.S. Can I get an autograph as soon as he can write, you know, BEFORE he makes it to the Olympics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dawn, for the recos. Is that a Japanese series? Someone told me that The Hunger Games was based on a Japanese story.

    We're still trying to figure out the sport, but I'll keep you posted. Based on his meals, hurling might be a strong contender.

    ReplyDelete