Friday, April 27, 2012

Definitely maybe


My obgyn up and had a baby on me.  That's how I know my kid is old.  She must have gotten pregnant right after or around when I delivered and then had a child in the intervening 18 months.  Incredible!  She said it so casually as she popped her head up from in between my knees.  You know you're a mom when you're amazingly grateful for those few minutes alone, even if they come at a gynecologist's office.  At least you get to lie down.  I felt the tiniest bit betrayed.  How come she knew all the ins and outs (heh) of my pregnancy and yet I knew nothing of hers.  She's always been warm, but today I noticed a completely different side of her.  We had a hilarious conversation about the gyno visit portrayed on "Girls."  I find a sense of humor to be especially important when someone's whole arm has explored my insides.  She was so curious about my son and what he's doing now.  It made me almost forget that the first words out of her mouth when I walked in were, "so....when's the next one coming?"  Et tu, Brute?

It's been a weird few weeks in my world, but things are shaking back into place now.  If only I could find the perfect modern floor lamp.  Apparently, you are supposed to think about furnishing rooms WHILE your house is under construction, not AFTER.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment